Thursday, November 22, 2012

Intro

Hi all,

Despite the fact that i have always been very keen to get a tattoo, it was only at the age of 35 i got my first ink. Douchebag for some, awesome for others, i got a Tribal ink on my full right arm, chest, and half of my back.
I was looking at the skill of my tattoo artist, and may i add, a very close friend of mine, and i got thinking that tatting didn't look that hard to do. I have always loved to sketch some cartoons, and drawings, so i showed him my stuff, and he told me that i should take an apprentice course with him.
In the words of a wise man, "too old to old on, too young to just break free and run", so, being a apprentice and bowing to my sensei, cleaning the studio, and learning 24/7 was not quite compatible with having a job, a family, and non-art-related responsibilities.  
I'm on a self-taught path, learning everything i can, with friends, on the web, and specially, with my pig skins.

Getting the Gloves on

Bought a tat kit from a UK supplier, put on my rubber gloves, and off to the ink.
This is done on a practice skin. My first Tat experience. Took me 5 mins to do, 25 mins to prep.
Did this with a 3RL. Going to do the shading in a few days.


Because it's my own drawing, i'm quite familiar with it, and i was really eager to start, so i didn't do any stencil.
The mouth is really bad, and the eyes are way too small. Nevertheless, i'm quite happy with it, since it was the first time i worked with my gun.

Problems to Solve

- Don't know the exact position to place my fingers, while holding the tube.
- Its a practice skin so, i don't know if i'm going too deep or not. I prefer to ride the needle instead of riding the tube. it allows me to see much better what i am doing.
- I'm not used to the weight of the gun, thus, making a perfect line is still hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment